Re: dedicated server & postgresql 8.1 conf tunning

От
Тема Re: dedicated server & postgresql 8.1 conf tunning
Дата
Re: dedicated server & postgresql 8.1 conf tunning  (Thomas Spreng <spreng@socket.ch>)
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks,

Unfornatly, i can't update pgsql to 8.3 since it's not in debian stable.

So i'm going to play with work_mem & shared_buffers.

With big shared_buffers pgsql tells me
shmget(cle=5432001, taille=11183431680, 03600).
so i do "echo 13183431680 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax" ( 10Go + 2Go just
in case)

but pgsql tells me again that it there's not enought shm..
How can i compute the go shmmax for my server ?