Re: BUG #1999: contrib/spi doesn't receive the configured CFLAGS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1999: contrib/spi doesn't receive the configured CFLAGS
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Seneca Cunningham <scunning@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> I redid the build changing CFLAGS to "-maix64" and LDFLAGS to
> "-Wl,-bbigtoc", and gmake check still doesn't run without first
> modifying src/makefiles/Makefile.aix to add CFLAGS.  The -maix64 from
> CFLAGS is required to get contrib/spi to build since IBM's tools are
> expecting objects using the 64-bit API to operate on, and if I were to
> unset OBJECT_MODE, the linking would fail as ld cannot link against
> XCOFF64 files in 32-bit mode.

Hmm.  I think the command in Makefile.aix is correct, since it's only
doing a link and not a compilation.

    $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS_SL) -o $@ $*.o -Wl,-bI:$(top_builddir)/src/backend/$(POSTGRES_IMP) -Wl,-bE:$*$(EXPSUFF)
$(SHLIB_LINK)

Given that you want -maix64 to be supplied in both compilation and
linking phases, you could either add it to both FLAGS variables, or
put it in CC:

    CC="gcc -maix64" ...

I've done stuff like the latter fairly often when fooling with 32/64 bit
build environments.