Re: murmur3 hash binary data migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: murmur3 hash binary data migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 25/04/2023 12:44 CEST Jagmohan Kaintura <jagmohan@tecorelabs.com> wrote:
>
> No we want to generate murmur3 format only.
>
> > On 25-Apr-2023, at 8:52 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > My apologies if I misparsed a couple of statements. I am having
> > trouble determining if you are migrating away from Murmur3.
> >
> > If you are selecting a new digest, then SipHash would be an excellent
> > choice. It was designed to avoid collisions and be fast. Plus it was
> > designed by Jean-Philippe Aumasson and Daniel J. Bernstein. It doesn't
> > get much better than those two fellows.

I don't understand.  In your original message you write:

> On 25/04/2023 03:21 CEST Jagmohan Kaintura <jagmohan@tecorelabs.com> wrote:
>
> In Oracle this data is being generated from the Java code and inserted into
> the Oracle database.

Do you generate the hash in Java or in Oracle?  I don't know if Oracle
Database provides a MurmurHash function but in Java you could use
apache-commons[0] and change your Java code to also insert the hash (if you
don't already do so).

[0] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/apidocs/org/apache/commons/codec/digest/MurmurHash3.html

PS: Please don't top post. https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists#Email_etiquette_mechanics

--