Re: Serialize transactions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Serialize transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland@scn.ru> writes:
> I have sometimes (rarely, once per some days) error during
> executting different queries in PostgreSQL:
>     ERROR:  Can't serialize access due to concurrent update
> All my transactions use
>     SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE

If you use serializable mode for updating transactions, you must expect
this error and deal with it (by retrying the transaction from the top).

This is discussed in the documentation, eg at
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/transaction-iso.html#XACT-SERIALIZABLE

You might also find it useful to go through the slides from this talk:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2002/view/e_sess/2681