Re: contrib/intarray/_int_gist.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib/intarray/_int_gist.c
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> AFAICS, int32 and int are exactly the same thing in PostgreSQL. For the
> machine int is not 32 bits long, PostgreSQL won't even run.

Ideally we should operate correctly if "int" is 64 bits.  In practice
I agree that making contrib work would be mighty far down the list of
things to fix...

It appears to me that the current de-facto standard for C on 64-bit
machines is
    char    8 bits
    short    16 bits
    int    32 bits
    long    64 bits
Promoting "int" to 64 bits has a big problem: you have to drop one of
the widths entirely, because there is no other basic type allowed by
C.  (int16_t and the others are only typedefs not new basic types.)
So I'm not really expecting to see int = 64 bits any time soon.

As for the other direction (int = 16 bits), there's no real hope of
running Postgres on a 16-bit machine anyway :-(

Сообщение: Re: PGSTAT: bind(2): Can't assign requested address
Сообщение: Re: PGSTAT: bind(2): Can't assign requested address