Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #17625: In PG15 PQsslAttribute returns different values than PG14 when SSL is not in use for the connection  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 29 Sep 2022, at 23:58, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> -       Returns an array of SSL attribute names available.
>> +       Returns an array of SSL attribute names that can be used
>> +       in <function>PQsslAttribute()</function>.

> Maybe hairsplitting, but should we note that it can be used in PQsslAttribute()
> for the conn which was passed as param to PQsslAttributeNames()?  In a (still
> hypothetical) multi-library case there is no guarantee that it will be valid
> for another conn.

I thought about doing this, but the subsequent para seems to make it clear
enough:

+      <para>
+       If <literal>conn</literal> is NULL, the attributes available for the
+       default SSL library are returned, or an empty list
+       if <application>libpq</application> was compiled without any SSL
+       support.  If <literal>conn</literal> is not NULL, the attributes
+       available for the SSL library in use for the connection are returned,
+       or an empty list if the connection is not encrypted.
+      </para>

The actual constraint is "names that can be used on connections using
the same SSL library", which seems too verbose for the introductory
sentence.

> I'd be fine just doing this in HEAD.

Pushed to HEAD only.