Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 12:56:47PM -0800, Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 12:43 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> > I think that that problem should be solved at a higher level, in the
> > program that runs amcheck. Note that pg_amcheck will already do this
> > for B-Tree indexes.
>
> That's a great tool, and it's great it supports parallelization, very useful
> on large machines.

Right, but unfortunately not an option on managed services. It's clear
that this restriction should not be a general guideline for Postgres
development, but it makes the amcheck extension (that is now shipped
everywhere due to being in-code I believe) somewhat less useful for
use-case of checking your whole database for corruption.

Michael