Re: Adding CI to our tree

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Adding CI to our tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/13/22 13:55, Andres Freund wrote:
>> It needs to avoid running on the buildfarm, right ?
> I guess so. It currently appears to have its own logic for finding contrib
> (and other) tap tests:
>
>         foreach my $testdir (glob("$pgsql/contrib/*"))
>         {
>                 next unless -d "$testdir/t";
>                 my $testname = basename($testdir);
>                 next unless step_wanted("contrib-$testname");
>                 print time_str(), "running contrib test $testname ...\n" if $verbose;
>                 run_tap_test("$testdir", "contrib-$testname", undef);
>         }
>
> but does run vcregress contribcheck, modulescheck.
>

> Andrew, do you see a better way than what Justin is proposing here?

I can probably adjust to whatever we decide to do. But I think we're
really just tinkering at the edges here. What I think we really need is
the moral equivalent of `make check-world` in one invocation of
vcregress.pl.

While we're on the subject of vcregress.pl, there's this recent
discussion, which is on my list of things to return to:
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/46c40cc7-db28-b684-379d-43b34daa5ffa%40dunslane.net>

cheers

andrew

--