Re: AW: AW: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: AW: AW: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Mon, 2021-02-15 at 13:59 +0000, Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) wrote:
> many thanks for the last statement about providing opensuse libjson-
> c5 package.
> We are aware on how to get software packages from opensuse in
> general.
> But we don't want to povide any package from opensuse by it's own to
> our SUSE Manager environment
> that is normally used for SUSE Linux Enterprise Software channels.
> If this software is needed for the installation of PostGIS software
> that is provided on the offical PostgreSQL download sites,
> we expect the library is included to the relevant repositories that
> are released for SLES15 SP2.
> So we would like to ask for providing this package to your official
> PostgreSQL download sites.

If I don't rely on those external repos, we would have half of the
available packages, maybe even more. I'm not in favor of those repos,
but that is the fact. SLES does not have an EPEL-like repo, so...

The amount of time that I spent on SLES is already a lot, and I don't
think I'll maintain another package in the repo for SLES. Sorry about
that.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Вложения