Re: Crash in 64 bit ODBC driver when using bookmarks

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Crash in 64 bit ODBC driver when using bookmarks
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 19/10/2018 15:16, Paal Christof wrote:
> I think I have found a bug in the PostgreSQL ODBC driver (of which I am using the latest version 10_03).
> I am using SQLBindCol to bind a bookmark column of type SQL_C_VARBOOKMARK.
>
> Everything works perfectly when I compile my application in 32 bit mode and use the 32 bit ODBC driver.
> With the 64 bit driver I get an instant crash (memory exception).
> With logging turned on, the last entry in the mylog is the following:
> [SC_Create_bookmark]3133: entering type=-2 buflen=64 buf=000000000C6AF268
>
> I can also attach a debugger and the crash happens at the following line:
>                  memcpy(CALC_BOOKMARK_ADDR(bookmark, offset, bind_size, bind_row), &pg_bm, cvtlen);
>
> At that time the value of the bookmark variable is: bookmark = 0x0000000000000001 {buflen=??? buffer=??? used=???
...},screenshot attached.

> Although it received good values when the function was called (as seen in the log), the memory got corrupted in
betweenand it is no longer a valid pointer.

> I assume this is because something is writing a 64 bit value into a buffer which is only made for a 32 bit integer.

Can you provide a self-contained test case? There is a test case that
uses SQLBindCol with SQL_C_VARBOOKMARK, in the regression test suite,
and it's been working fine:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=psqlodbc.git;a=blob;f=test/src/bookmark-test.c;h=ccdfa5e8428900bae4264c581774a8c6c2d34b80;hb=HEAD#l108

If you could reproduce the crash with some changes to that test program,
that would help a lot.

- Heikki

От: Paal Christof
Сообщение: Crash in 64 bit ODBC driver when using bookmarks
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Log file