Re: Segmentation Fault during database restoration

От Sulman Sarwar
Тема Re: Segmentation Fault during database restoration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I used one click installer for Mac OSX from EnterpriseDB.

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#osx

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> I ask in particular because there have been big problems caused by
> building PostgreSQL as a universal binary. It seems to be important to
> configure it and build it only for the architecture you're actually
> using. That probably goes for ia32 vs x86_64 as well as ppc32/ppc64 .

Well, it's possible to do it but it's not easy --- you need to deal
with the fact that the configure-generated headers should be different
for the different arches.  There were some discussions in -hackers
last year about how to do it.

The reported location of the error is not code that I would expect to be
subject to architectural issues, though, so I suspect this isn't
immediately relevant.