Re: Maintenance database SQL_ASCII

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Maintenance database SQL_ASCII
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 13, 2009, at 1:52 AM, Brad Schick wrote:

> After a new pgsql installation the "postgres" maintenance database has
> an encoding of SQL_ASCII. pgAdmin III gave me a warning about that,
> and
> I may want to create users or databases that are not restricted 7bit
> ASCII.

SQL_ASCII <> 7 bit ASCII.

What SQL_ASCII does is accept any value, regardless of encoding. It
basically just stores the bytes, even for multi-byte encodings.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4a33842e759156622419335!

От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: String Manipulation
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?