Anyone running Intel S3700 SSDs?

От CSS
Тема Anyone running Intel S3700 SSDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Considering this list is where I first learned of the Intel 320 drives (AFAIK, the only non-enterprise SSDs that are
power-failuresafe), I thought I'd see if any of the folks here that tend to test new stuff have got their hands on
theseyet.

I had no idea these drives were out (but they still are a bit pricey, but cheaper than any spinning drives that would
givethe same sort of random IO performance), and while trying to find a place to source some spare 300GB 320s, I found
thisreview:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6433/intel-ssd-dc-s3700-200gb-review

Of most interest to me was this:

"Along one edge of the drive Intel uses two 35V 47µF capacitors, enough to allow the controller to commit any data (and
mostnon-data) to NAND in the event of a power failure. The capacitors in the S3700 are periodically tested by the
controller.In the event that they fail, the controller disables all write buffering and throws a SMART error flag."

This is also the first new Intel drive in a long time to use an Intel controller rather than a SandForce (which
frankly,I don't trust).

Anyone have any benchmarks to share?

Are there any other sub-$1K drives out there currently that incorporate power loss protection like this and the 320s
do?

Thanks,

Charles