RE: [NOVICE] Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission cr iticalapplications?

От patrick.wolf@Aerojet.com (WOLF, PATRICK)
Тема RE: [NOVICE] Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission cr iticalapplications?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
All I can do is offer my own testimonial:

I'm using postgreSQL 6.5.x on 3 different RedHat Linux Intel systems.  All
have been working fine to my inexperienced eye.  I'm running small databases
on all of them.  The most complex has about 25 tables with maybe 250 - 300
fields total.  I'm using MS Access with ODBC for most of the work.  Some I'm
doing using the perl Pg library and I'm writing cgi scripts to generate html
pages.  Nothing is too terribly complicated.  I've got about 20,000 columns
in various tables on that database.  The other two probably don't even have
a few hundred entries yet, I've just started with those.

I've had less problems using PostgreSQL than using the commercial database
that I'm porting everything from.  And the upgrade costs are much less.

Pat