RE: moving DB

От patrick.wolf@Aerojet.com (WOLF, PATRICK)
Тема RE: moving DB
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I think you want to use pg_dump or pg_dumpall (see the man pages).  Part of
the description for pg_dump:

pg_dump is a utility for dumping out a  Postgres  database
into  a  script file containing query commands. The script
files are in text format and can be  used  to  reconstruct
the  database,  even on other machines and other architec<AD>
tures. ......

Good luck and let me know if this works.  I'm thinking of doing an upgrade
from 6.5.3 to 7.x on the same machine.

Pat

Patrick C. Wolf
Test Manager
Aerojet
Socorro Plant

        -----Original Message-----
        From:    rocael@usa.net [mailto:rocael@usa.net]
        Sent:    Monday, June 05, 2000 8:01 PM
        To:    pgsql-novice@postgresql.org;
pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
        Subject:    [NOVICE] moving DB

        Hi all!

        well, can somebody tell me how to move a DB (e.g. I have a
DB named  NET in
        PC1 under pg6.5.3 and I want to put it in PC2 under pg7.0)
        should I copy just the data/base/NET/ directory and the
paste it in the
        data/base of the PC2...
        which are the exactly steps...

        :o) thanx

        Rocael

        Get free email and a permanent address at
http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1