Re: Updating record drops it to the bottom

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Updating record drops it to the bottom
Дата
Список pgsql-general

--On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 07:16:42 -0800 "Aurangzeb M. Agha"
<aagha@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> I've noticed that whenever I update a record in the table and do a select
> * to see my change, that the updated racord has dropped to the bottom of
> the table.
>
> Is there either a) a (simple) way to keep this from happening or b)
> putting the record back where it "belongs" after an update.
>
> The reason is is annoying me is that one of our internal apps has onld
> piece of JS which builds sub menus on a form based on the (DB driven)
> order of the parent menu.  Yes, yes... the solution is to fix the JS, but
> until the JS guy gets back, the DB solution is what comes to mind.
There is no order defined by SQL.  If you want a particular order, add an
ORDER BY
to the SQL.

От: "Aurangzeb M. Agha"
Сообщение: Updating record drops it to the bottom
От: Doug McNaught
Сообщение: Re: Updating record drops it to the bottom