Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I've googled the problem and there seem to be more people with similar
>> problems, so I made this a command line option --no-table-locks and
>> wrapped it up in as nice a patch against github/master as I can manage
>> (and I didn't use C for a long time). I hope you find it useful.

> Joe Conway sent me a tip so commit eeb6f37d89fc60c6449ca12ef9e914
> 91069369cb significantly decrease a time necessary for locking. So it can
> help to.

Indeed.  I think there's zero chance that we'd accept the patch as
proposed.  If there's still a performance problem in HEAD, we'd look
for some other way to improve matters more.

(Note that this is only one of assorted O(N^2) behaviors in older versions
of pg_dump; we've gradually stamped them out over time.)