Re: Constraint exclusion on UNION ALL subqueries with WHERE conditions

От Gunnlaugur Þór Briem
Тема Re: Constraint exclusion on UNION ALL subqueries with WHERE conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Right, the view that prompted this involved subqueries; the function was just an artificial test case.

That change seems like a good one for sure.

Ideally I'd like to enable it for a particular view rather than incur the planning expense for the whole DB (something
likeALTER VIEW foo WITH CONSTRAINT EXCLUSION), but I guess there's no support currently (and not easily added) for such
per-objectplanner settings? The application can just issue SET constraint_exclusion=on; as needed; for my case that's
fine,but for DBAs maybe a bit limiting.

Regards,

- Gulli