Re: MVCC for massively parallel inserts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: MVCC for massively parallel inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Steven D.Arnold" <stevena@neosynapse.net> writes:
> So I really need many of the machines in the cluster to be
> able to simultaneously insert.  Is this practicable in a clustered
> environment for Postgres?

No.

You are mistaken to think that CPU is the bottleneck, anyway.  It is
going to be disk bandwidth that's your problem, and throwing more CPUs
at it would not help.  If your insert load exceeds the available disk
bandwidth, I think you have little choice but to figure out a way to
divide the workload among multiple independent databases.