Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    John Iliffe wrote:

> So, the problem is resolved, although I have no idea why it was necessary.

The key seems to be the PrivateTmp=true in the systemd service.
Apache is not chrooted as demonstrated upthread, but that
setting alone makes the normal, system-wide /tmp inaccessible
to its processes, including the postgres Unix domain socket opened
there.

I suspect that your attempt to set PrivateTmp=false as a test was
missed by systemd  for some reason. You could probably insist
in that direction and eventually make it work, but I don't see
how it's better than the alternative /var/pgsql or localhost through TCP.

> Also, I now have several hundred programmes to update to add the host path
> and none of them will now be portable.

Given that you set two directories: /tmp and /var/pgsql,
I would think you can let the other apps use /tmp as before
and have only Apache use /var/pgsql ?

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité