Re: NOTIFY in asynchronous mode

От Tobias Oberstein
Тема Re: NOTIFY in asynchronous mode
Дата
Список psycopg
> >> is it possible to use notification (sent via NOTIFY from Postgres) in
> asynchronous mode?
> >
> > Yes: you should register the connection's file descriptor in the
> > twisted reactor so that you can be notified by the kernel when the
> > server sends you a notification.
>
> Actually... it won't work out of the box. I got a patch from someone that
> added NOTIFY support for txpostgres, but it broke some unit tests and there
> were a few other minor issues with it and then I kind of forgot about it.
>
> Recently I've been picking up txpostgres' development and I might add
> NOTIFY support soon, maybe even the next week.

That would be marvelous!

> The problem with it now is that when there's no query going on, the
> connection's descriptor is not present in the reactor, it only gets added for
> the duration of the query. Once I figure out how to change that without
> breaking some subtle corner cases, you'll be able to register a NOTIFY

Sounds intricate .. if there is something how I could help, let me know ..

> callback that will get called when there's an async notification received by the
> connection.

What would be provided to the callback?

Channel (from NOTIFIY), Payload (from NOTIFIY), Connection (txpostgres) ?

> Cheers,
> Jan

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

От: Tobias Oberstein
Сообщение: Re: NOTIFY in asynchronous mode
Сообщение: Re: NOTIFY in asynchronous mode