Re: Striping CLOG and Subtrans

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Striping CLOG and Subtrans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> These changes have almost no negative impact on run time performance and
> can be implemented with minimum change. We can discuss whether the false
> sharing phenomena actually occurs, but the bottom line ISTM is that if
> we can avoid it ever occurring, for almost free, then why not?

No, you've put the burden of proof in the wrong place.  You are
proposing a significant logical complication in the code for a
completely hypothetical improvement --- there is *no* evidence on
the table that cache contention within clog pages is even measurable.
Show us some experimental numbers first.