Re: New backend functions? [was Re: JDBC changes for 7.2... some questions...]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New backend functions? [was Re: JDBC changes for 7.2... some questions...]
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: New backend functions? [was Re: JDBC changes for 7.2... some questions...]  (Rene Pijlman <rpijlman@wanadoo.nl>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ned Wolpert <ned.wolpert@knowledgenet.com> writes:
> Should the backend support the function getLastInsertedOID() or even
> getLastInsertedPrimaryKey() (or both)?

I don't think you have any chance of doing the latter --- for one thing,
how are you going to declare that function's return type?  But the
former seems doable and reasonable to me: whenever an OID is returned
to the client in an INSERT or UPDATE command result, also stash it in
a static variable that can be picked up by this function.

Please pick a more SQL-friendly (ie, case insensitive) naming
convention, though.  And note that it'd apply to both INSERT and UPDATE.
Maybe get_last_returned_oid() ?