Re: bug 1201

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bug 1201
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Huh, shouldn't the user rather do
>> SELECT func_returning_void();

> The problem is that the function may actually be a SRF so the JDBC driver
> transforms to the "SELECT * FROM" form.

It's not really any weirder to allow this than to allow "SELECT func()",
as far as I can see.  Either way, you end up with a tuple containing one
column of type "void".  If we had a CALL statement then there might be
a reasonable argument for disallowing void-returning functions in both
places, but for now I've applied a modified form of Kris' patch.