Re: BUG #13999: pg_upgrade failing with FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "unix_socket_directory"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #13999: pg_upgrade failing with FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "unix_socket_directory"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
rsimeon@ebms.com writes:
> When running pg_upgrade it appears that the call to the old pg_ctl binary
> has wrong parameters set. Can I upload a screenshot for you?

If it's complaining about "unix_socket_directory", the reason must be that
pg_upgrade is guessing wrong about whether the old server expects that
parameter to be named unix_socket_directory or unix_socket_directories.

Am I right in guessing that you are using Red Hat's packaging rather than
straight community sources?  In the community version, that parameter
change happened in 9.3, but I recall that Red Hat back-ported the
unix_socket_directories feature into an earlier version in order to have
a reasonable way of coping with SELinux restrictions.  So what this is
sounding like is that they need to carry a patch that adjusts pg_upgrade's
start_postmaster() function to have the right Red-Hat-specific cutoff
version for which way to spell the parameter.

In short, you need to file this issue with Red Hat not the PG community.