Re: How to restore roles without changing postgres password

От Andrus
Тема Re: How to restore roles without changing postgres password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

>Not a bad idea,  would want to extend this to all the roles on the server not just postgres
>I've  edited the global dump many times  removing/editing table spaces, comment old users, etc..

Maybe it is easier to create plpgsql procedure which returns desired script as text.
Or it retrieves globals from other cluster using dblink and applies changes to new cluster.

This can be called instead of pq_dumpall and can edited for custom needs.
Editing plpgsql script is easier for postgres users than creating sed script to delete commands from sql file.

Andrus.