Re: Assitance needed for the resolution of memory leak

От Ron
Тема Re: Assitance needed for the resolution of memory leak
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That's why you attach files, not paste text.

On 10/11/23 16:19, Sasmit Utkarsh wrote:
Thanks Tom, It did work, and yeah I do have indentation in my editor, there was some formatting issue due to the copy and paste of the code.
:)

Regards,
Sasmit Utkarsh
+91-7674022625

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 2:07 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Sasmit Utkarsh <utkarshsasmit@gmail.com> writes:
> Like for an ex: I have provided the test run for a file which has 4
> duplicate entries in the input file and below is the leak reported. I have
> followed
> consistently using PQclear to free all PGresult objects.

No you haven't: you've got two PQexec-something calls and
only one PQclear.  If control reaches here:

> res = PQexec(conn, Command);

that will overwrite your only pointer to the PQexecParams
result, and you won't clear it.

BTW, if this is what your code actually looks like in your editor,
it's no wonder you can't follow its basic control flow.  Indent
according to the brace structure, and your life will get easier.

Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.