Re: [HACKERS] SQL statements: begin and end

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SQL statements: begin and end
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm pretty sure that Andrea's biggest objection was to the acceptance
> and use of END, which has no connection in official SQL to transaction
> completion but only to block delimiting for cursor loops. It is almost
> certainly a holdover from PostQuel.

> Any thoughts on whether AZ's suggestion for dropping END in this
> context should be done for 7.0? We certainly could make an effort to
> at least purge it from our examples in the docs...

Even AZ wasn't suggesting dropping it for 7.0!

We ought to check what other RDMSs are doing in this area before making
any decisions.  The fact that we've got so many ways to spell "BEGIN"
suggests to me that some of them were tacked on for compatibility with
other products...