Re: [BUGS] Datetime -> Timestamp conversion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Datetime -> Timestamp conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Christof Petig <christof.petig@wtal.de> writes:
> christof=> select timestamp(datetime 'now');
> ERROR:  No such function 'datetime_stamp' with the specified attributes

> christof=> select timestamp(abstime(datetime 'now'));
> [ OK ]

> It looks like if the SQL parser needs 'datetime_timestamp' , it looks
> for 'datetime_stamp' which doesn't exist!

Yes, there is an error in OID 1370 of the pg_proc table :-(.  I have a
to-do note to fix it for 6.6, but AFAIK we can't easily repair it
short of an initdb, so there will be no fix in the 6.5.* series.
You could probably poke it by hand in your local database, though,
if it's getting in your way.

> I read that TIMESTAMP (SQL92) shall replace DATETIME (PostgreSQL) in the
> future, has anybody signed this work, yet? Thomas Lockhart?

Lockhart's been muttering about doing that, but I don't know when he
plans to do it.