Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23/06/2017 16:07, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> I think you're probably right - GIN does compress the posting lists by
> exploiting the TID redundancy (that it's page/offset structure), and I
> don't think there are other index AMs doing that.
>
> But I'm not sure we can simply rely on that - it's possible people will
> try to improve other index types (e.g. by adding similar compression to
> other index types).
That reminds me
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/55E4051B.7020209@postgrespro.ru
where Anastasia proposed something similar.

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Race conditions with WAL sender PID lookups
От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table