Re: Snowball Stemming Greek support not included in Release 12 beta

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Snowball Stemming Greek support not included in Release 12 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrien Nayrat <adrien.nayrat@anayrat.info> writes:
> Postgres' stemmer has been synced with Snowball upstream, but it was before October:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1g4YQa-0003tf-Gr%40gemulon.postgresql.org

> We are now in 12 beta 1 and far after feature freeze, so I am afraid your
> request to add greek could only be considered for v13. Sorry.

Yeah, it's too late to consider this for v12.

Also, while I don't think anybody would object to absorbing the upstream
Greek support, there's nonzero work that has to be done to make it happen.
There's nobody here who's particularly tracking what the Snowball project
does, so someone who actually cares about some new feature would need to
prepare and submit a resynchronizing patch.  The above commit and the
referenced discussion threads should give a good example of what has
to be done.  (Hopefully, a resync patch right now would be a good deal
smaller than that one, though ;-))