Re: replication from multiple "master" servers to a single read-only slave

От Omar Mehmood
Тема Re: replication from multiple "master" servers to a single read-only slave
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for note.  I'm trying to avoid triggers based on past trauma from going into a client setup that uses a zillion
ofthem and having to wait in order of seconds for a simple mod DML statement to execute :)  I've been looking for an
alternativethat either sits above the database level (without building my own) or hoping there is a binary logging
option. Anyway, I've been reading up on triggers, replication and synchronization options for PostgreSQL and it seems
likethe performance impact isn't too bad.  In particular, I've been reading up on Bucardo and it seems to address all
myneeds-- I also fired off an email to Selena D on it and she's also affirmed that it looks to solve my problem.  I'm
goingto setup an environment for testing and then post my questions directly to the bucardo-users mailing list.

Omar