Re: psql crash on 9.6.16

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql crash on 9.6.16
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp@la-z-boy.com> writes:
> I was using psql to connect to the local database for a simple update this morning and it crashed.  Here's what was
printedout after the crash.  I was not able to re-create it.

Hm, the backtrace says the problem is somewhere inside libreadline,
which means it has nothing to do with any SQL-level concepts, but
rather with editing your input text.  Did you do anything unusual
while typing that line of input --- say, recall it from history,
or edit it in a way that you don't usually do, or even mistype
some control character you don't usually type?

Sadly, the visible evidence here doesn't tell us much of anything
about what provoked the crash :-(

FWIW, there's a pretty good chance that this isn't psql's fault
per se, but a libreadline bug.  You might check to see if you can
get a newer readline version installed.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Mixed Locales and Upgrading
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Order by and timestamp