Re: Losing records when server hang

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Losing records when server hang
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe@qwest.net> writes:
> On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 21:26, Alvaro Herrera Munoz wrote:
>> If this is only one backend, then I'd love to see how did he do that.

> Me too :-)

Given a disk drive that lies about write complete (which is to to say,
most consumer-grade IDE gear), it's at least theoretically possible.
But it doesn't sound real likely, especially if the machine didn't
actually lose power.

I was wondering what he meant by "hang", as well as what he meant by
"commit".  The overall lack of detail in the report is notable.