Re: System (and DB) upgrade problem., "part 2"

От W.P.
Тема Re: System (and DB) upgrade problem., "part 2"
Дата
Re: System (and DB) upgrade problem., "part 2"  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-general
W dniu 13.01.2021 o 12:28, Laurenz Albe pisze:
> On Wed, 2021-01-13 at 07:41 +0100, W.P. wrote:
>> I am upgrading Fedora 24 to (now) 26, PostgreSQL stopped starting (as
>> expected), the message from systemctl was to do "postgresql-setup
>> --upgrade".
>>
>> Did installed the tool, loaunched.
>>
>> But it fails with (attached logs) messages, I am missing some libraries,
>> what should I install?
> The logs complain about missing the "dblink" library, so you forgot to install
> the -contrib package.
>
> Remember to REINDEX all indexes on string columns, because the collations
> may have changed.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
For 9.5 to 9.6 transition, it worked like charm. (except some problems
with parsing json data in a view, but this I will address later, after
upgrade to final version - Fedora 30, probably PG 10.x).

Now I have problem with 9.6 -> 10.7 (Fedora 27 -> 28) upgrade.
As expected after system upgrade, database fails to start "files
incompatible with binaries".

Found pg_upgrade, command line options "-b
/usr/lib/pgsql/postgresql-9.6/bin -B /usr/bin -d /var/lib/pgsql/data/"
BUT what should I put for option -D? ("new cluster data") Was
(directory) already created for me (during system upgrade), or have I to
create it somewhere (where? is best practice).

There are NO logs for today trial to start in
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log/. Where they could be?

Laurent

От: Benedict Holland
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to compare a long text string and fuzzy match only phrases contained in?
От: Tim Clarke
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to compare a long text string and fuzzy match only phrases contained in?