Re: Using results from INSERT ... RETURNING

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Using results from INSERT ... RETURNING
Дата
Re: Using results from INSERT ... RETURNING
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>> BTW what was the conclusion of the idea about having three separate
>> nodes Insert, Delete, Update instead of a single Dml node?

> If we stick with a single node type then I'd suggest calling it
> something like ModifyTable.

I'm starting to work on this patch now.  After looking at it a bit,
it seems to me that keeping it as one node is probably marginally
preferable to making three nodes; but I still do not like the "Dml"
name.  Does anyone have a problem with the ModifyTable suggestion,
or a better idea?