Re: [HACKERS] PL_stashcache, or, what's our minimum Perl version?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PL_stashcache, or, what's our minimum Perl version?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 01:21:28AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Anyway, pending some news about compatibility of the MSVC scripts,
>> I think we ought to adjust our docs to state that 5.8.3 is the
>> minimum supported Perl version.

> Works for me.

Done.  I have also reconfigured buildfarm member prairiedog to use
a non-MULTIPLICITY build of Perl 5.8.3, with the oldest Test::More
and IPC::Run versions I could lay my hands on.  Although I'd gotten
through a manual "make check-world" with this configuration in HEAD
before touching the buildfarm configuration, I see that it just fell
over in the back branches.  So there's still some more fixing to be
done, or else we'll need to change that claim again.  Will investigate
once the buildfarm run finishes.

Сообщение: Re: LP_DEAD hinting and not holding on to a buffer pin on leaf page(Was: [HACKERS] [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench)