Re: per-column generic option

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: per-column generic option
Дата
Re: per-column generic option
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jul 9, 2011, at 10:49 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> In short: in my opinion, attoptions and attfdwoptions need to be one
> thing and the same.

I feel the opposite. In particular, what happens when a future release of PostgreSQL adds an attoption that happens to
havethe same name as somebody's per-column FDW option?  Something breaks, that's what...

Another point: We don't commingle these concepts at the table level.  It doesn't make sense to have table reloptions
separatefrom table FDW options but then go and make the opposite decision at the column level.

...Robert