Re: COPY TO CSV produces data that is incompatible/unsafe for \COPY FROM CSV

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COPY TO CSV produces data that is incompatible/unsafe for \COPY FROM CSV
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> The psql documentation says [\copy ... from stdin] looks for "\.".  It says
> nothing about doing that for [\copy ... from filename].  I wonder if psql
> should change the filename case to send the whole file to the server, ignoring
> "\." inside.  (That is to say, change to match the psql documentation.)

This seems like a sensible solution.  The need to use an in-band EOF
marker when reading from the command source file is clear, and there's
no non-kluge way there.  But that doesn't mean we should extend it
to separate files.  (I'm surprised to realize we do, actually.)