Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
>> The other problem is that it's slurping the whole file and executing it
>> as a single query.

> Given some advice, I'll rework that part too. The good news is that it's
> well separated from the rest of the extension's work.

I think that's something that could be left for later, if not never.
I find it hard to imagine extension modules with more than a few
thousand commands (the largest one in contrib is isn, with about 500).
No modern machine is going to have the slightest difficulty with that.
If it ever does get to be a problem in practice, we could rework the
implementation at that time.

Сообщение: Re: Is LISTEN/NOTIFY reliable?
Сообщение: Re: Is LISTEN/NOTIFY reliable?