Re: Different compression methods for FPI

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: Different compression methods for FPI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 17 июня 2021 г., в 11:57, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> написал(а):
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:45:37AM +0500, Andrey Borodin wrote:
>> Konstantin, Daniil and Justin are working on compressing libpq
>> [0]. That would make walsender compress WAL automatically.
>> And we (at least I and Dan) are inclined to work on compressing
>> on-disk WAL as soon as libpq compression will be committed.
>
> What's the relationship between libpq and WAL?
walsender transmit WAL over regular protocol. Compressing libpq leads to huge decrease of cross-datacenter traffic of
HAclusters.
In fact that's the reason why Daniil is working on libpq compression [0]. But that's matter of other thread.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/161609580905.28624.5304095609680400810.pgcf%40coridan.postgresql.org#be6bc3ba77ff8a293b1816f4841c59ef

От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes
От: Greg Nancarrow