Re: documentation for committing with git

От David Christensen
Тема Re: documentation for committing with git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jul 21, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> 6. Finally, you must push your changes back to the server.
>>>
>>> git push
>>>
>>> This will push changes in all branches you've updated, but only branches
>>> that also exist on the remote side will be pushed; thus, you can have
>>> local working branches that won't be pushed.
>>>
>>> ==> This is true, but I have found it saner to configure push.default =
>>> tracking, so that only the current branch is pushes.  Some people might
>>> find that useful.
>>
>> Indeed. Why don't I do that more often...
>>
>> +1 on making that a general recommendation, and have people only not
>> do that if they really know what they're doing :-)
>
> Hmm, I didn't know about that option.  What makes us think that's the
> behavior people will most often want?  Because it doesn't seem like
> what I want, just for one example...

So you're working on some back branch, and make a WIP commit so you can switch to master to make a quick commit.
Createa push on master.  Bare git push.  WIP commit gets pushed upstream.  Oops.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation

Сообщение: Re: documentation for committing with git
Сообщение: Re: documentation for committing with git