Re: PL/Perl and Perl 5.8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/Perl and Perl 5.8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> As of current CVS, PL/Perl doesn't seem to compile against Perl 5.8.

Builds fine on HPUX 10.20 with Perl 5.8.0 and gcc 2.95.3.

> There's a thread about a similar topic on p5p:
>         http://archive.develooper.com/perl5-porters@perl.org/msg75480.html

This thread makes it sound like it's Perl's problem not ours ...

> The thread suggests a trivial fix: adding -D_GNU_SOURCE to the CFLAGS
> for the affected files. I checked, and this gets PL/Perl to compile
> correctly. That doesn't seem like the right fix, though.

In view of opposing comments like
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2002-03/msg01452.html
I think we should stay out of this.  It is not our business to get
random Perl code to compile on random OS installations, and certainly
not our business to interject random symbol definitions that might well
break whatever solution the Perl guys themselves decide on.