Re: BUG #4804: ERROR out of memory on select bytea field legth about 120Mb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4804: ERROR out of memory on select bytea field legth about 120Mb
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Vadim Fedorenko" <junk@fromru.com> writes:
> I have a database about 4Gb and pg_dump fails with

> ERROR:  out of memory
> DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 536870912.

> I found out that it fails on selecting bug bytea field:

Huh, how did you get that value into the table in the first place?

> how can I workaround this?

Increase the memory limit the postmaster runs under.  If it's
a 32-bit machine, you might need to decrease shared_buffers
so there's more address space available as workspace.