Re: How to create c language in postgresql database. Thanks.

От leaf_yxj
Тема Re: How to create c language in postgresql database. Thanks.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Chris and Guys,

Thanks for your answers. I really appreciate it. Although I don't understand the whole things you guys mentioned to me. I think maybe I should do it by myself. I need to do a test. If there is any good guide/white paper, please give me a link for me to study.

Thanks.

Regards.

Grace

At 2012-06-13 15:29:21,"Chris Travers-5 [via PostgreSQL]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Craig Ringer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/13/2012 12:45 PM, Chris Travers wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM, John R Pierce <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> yes, only a sql superuser can define a C function, as these have total
>>> access to crashing postgres's innards.
>>>
>> Not just the innards, but the file system (could be used to overwrite
>> data files), arbitrary system commands, etc......
>
> Hopefully not arbitrary system commands, in that I really hope nobody's nuts
> enough to run PostgreSQL as root or with write access to its own binaries.
> The data files are fair game, though, and replacement/modification of
> commands is probably possible in weaker installations.
Maybe not as arbitrary as it would as root, but at least arbitrary in
the sense of "able to do or access anything that the system will let
the Postgres process access."  That means all binaries an ordinary
user can access and all system calls that don't require root unless
you lock things down using something like SELinux.....

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers