Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-06-20 at 14:26 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> TBH, I have a mixed feeling about this line of reasoning because
> MAINTAIN is much broader and less specific than TRUNCATE, for
> instance, being spawned across so much more operations.

> Some users may find that surprising as they
> used to have more control over these operations as owners of the
> relations worked on.

It seems like the user shouldn't be surprised if they can carry out the
action; nor should they be surprised if they can't carry out the
action. Having privileges revoked on a table from the table's owner is
an edge case in behavior and both make sense to me.

In the absense of a use case, I'd be inclined towards just being
consistent with the other privileges.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis