Re: Which RPM for RH Linux ES 4? PGDB or RH?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Which RPM for RH Linux ES 4? PGDB or RH?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Philippe Lang" <philippe.lang@attiksystem.ch> writes:
> I have to install PGSQL 7.4.13 under RH Linux Entreprise Server 4, and I can
> apparently use either the rpm "postgresql-XXXX-7.4.13-1PGDG.i686.rpm" from
> the Postgresql Development Group, or use the rpm
> "postgresql-XXXX-7.4.13-2.RHEL4.1.i386" from Redhat itself.
> What is the best to do?

They are the same thing to within measurement error ;-).  Or at least,
if you find an important difference, feel free to tell off Devrim or me
respectively.

But I agree with Alan's point: if you are running RHEL at all, it's
probably because you want Red Hat support, and Red Hat won't support
RPMs not built by Red Hat.