Width of SubTransactionId (hello Postgres PRO)

От Chapman Flack
Тема Width of SubTransactionId (hello Postgres PRO)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

According to a reported PL/Java issue [0], SubTransactionId in
Postgres PRO EE 13 has become a typedef uint64 rather than uint32.

What are the plans for this type upstream? I notice it is still uint32
here, even for 14. Are there plans for it to become uint64 at some point?
Or to become something else entirely?

I am deliberating whether I should just make the Java type 64 bits and say
"thereifixedit", or if some other approach would be more futureproof.

Regards,
-Chap

[0] https://github.com/tada/pljava/issues/376