Re: getting a list of users

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: getting a list of users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I wrote:
> That isn't exactly a trivial thing to do, because the pg_config.h data
> differs for the two arches.  It will *not* work to just run a basic
> configure and build with CFLAGS set like that.  (If you troll the
> pgsql-archives archives for "universal binary" you can probably
> find some discussions of what's needed to make it work.  I seem to
> recall that we simplified it in the last year or so, but that was
> very possibly post-8.3.)

er ... s/pgsql-archives/pgsql-hackers/ of course ... a bit of trolling
later, it seems that this message has the best summary of what you have
to do with 8.3 or older branches to get working universal binaries:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-02/msg00200.php

Things will be less ugly with 8.4:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-07/msg00884.php

but still not just a quick CFLAGS setting away.

But it remains to be determined whether that's actually the cause of the
view problem you're complaining about.  Did you configure/build on a
different arch than you're running on now?