Server specs to run PostgreSQL

От MaRCeLO PeReiRA
Тема Server specs to run PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Server specs to run PostgreSQL  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi there,

Actually my PostgreSQL server is running on a Athlon
XP 1800+, 512Mb RAM, IDE Disks, 10/100 netcard.

I would like to buy a new server, could you please
give me some information about the specs??

Is it important to have a Dual (or even Quad)
processor??? Will PostgreSQL use them??

What about memory??? How much???

SCSI Disks and 10/100/1000 netcards, it's ok!! No
doubt!

It's a medium use server, about 3000 transactions/day.

Thanks in advance,
Marcelo Pereira

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/